Sunday, November 2, 2014

*~* REVIEW of Prisoner by Annika Martin & Skye Warren *~*



Book: Prisoner
Author: Annika Martin and Skye Warren
Series: Criminals & Captives
Genre: Contemporary/Dark Romance
Buy Links: Amazon
Also posted on: Goodreads  Amazon


*~* Synopsis *~*

He seethes with raw power the first time I see him—pure menace and rippling muscles in shackles. He’s dangerous. He’s wild. He’s the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

So I hide behind my prim glasses and my book like I always do, because I have secrets too. Then he shows up in the prison writing class I have to teach, and he blows me away with his honesty. He tells me secrets in his stories, and it’s getting harder to hide mine. I shiver when he gets too close, with only the cuffs and the bars and the guards holding him back. At night I can’t stop thinking about him in his cell.

But that’s the thing about an animal in a cage—you never know when he’ll bite. He might use you to escape. He might even pull you into a forest and hold a hand over your mouth so you can’t call for the cops. He might make you come so hard, you can't think.

And you might crave him more than your next breath.



*~* My Review *~*

Ok so I'm not real sure how to start this because this book wasn't quite what I expected. So I'll just jump right in.

This started out being the hot prisoner and the innocent teacher. That was cute and not so dark but that changed after a little while. That being said, it changed to the extreme. No easing into it or starting out that way so that part was off for me. On to the characters of the book.

I really liked Abby from the beginning because of her shy yet sassiness. Teaching them was so new to her but that was the assignment she was given. I like that even though she is young she can deal with the prisoners better than most of us would have under those circumstances. Later on in the book she becomes a little wishy washy for me but keeps her dedication strong.

Grayson was a sexy yet sharp around the edges. From the beginning there was always something between him and Abby he couldn't quite put his finger on. He was a bit wishy washy too but that was what made his character what it was. Bad boy trying to be good for her.

The rest of the guys well most were just plain bat sh&@. lol Again that was their place in the book, so they were perfect.

After all that jazz it still was hard for me to like it in it's entirety.  Now I am just jumping into the dark genre of books but the ones I have read have started out being as such and continuing that way. I would like to read more by these authors but as of right now I have granted 4 hopeful stars :)

No comments:

Post a Comment