Thursday, February 9, 2017

Review: War Poppy

War Poppy War Poppy by Nicole Lynne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book touched on so many things that I really don't know how to write this properly. This hit home in a lot of ways, one being I am a Navy Veteran and two I am a Marine brat. I thankfully have never seen war but I have lived with a Marine Veteran all my life. Although he has dealt well with his own PTSD it is always there and he is so strong and will always be my hero. Knowing the things Brandon went through are so damn real is the hardest part of this story. We read all these books and they are ultimately fiction but this book right here could easily be NONFiction with just name changes. there are so many people in the world that have lived this life and have taken theirs, others or are still living this everyday WITHOUT help. It is so important for all of us to understand the level of truth that this book holds and help each other in life to succeed living a semi normal life. I don't want to do a normal review but explain that these ladies have truly hit the nail on the head writing this fictional story that many can say could easily become a real story. I would like to say bravo to you ladies for writing this book that my military brothers and sisters have lived, my father's military brothers and sisters have lived. The military no matter who you are, what you have seen, and what you have lived has made us a family of strength, honor, and survival.

This story is beautiful, heart wrenching, tragic, and speaks so many truths many of us will NEVER understand. With tears running down my cheeks and my heart in my hand I thank you so much for this book!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment