Sunday, March 20, 2016

Review: Firsts

Firsts Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ok so I truly did not expect to like this book as much as I did. I thought "Gosh I just can't read about cheating boys and a tramp of a girl". I kept putting off reading this book because of that thought stuck in my head. Then I read a few reviews and said to heck with it, so I started it. Well needless to say I LOVED IT!!! Here is why:

Mercedes was a smart girl with all good intentions but seriously at 17 do we really know what good intentions are? I know we thought we did and probably tried to have them but did we really know? Anyway, this girl was a bit broken in ways that no one she was close to knew about. Surprise surprise!! Broken girl = broken actions but really there is soooooo much more to Mercedes. She super intelligent, she's a great friend, talented in many ways young girls probably shouldn't be, and she will go to bat for those she loves even if it breaks her more. I really loved this girl because of her intentions and that she went through some hard things but still pushed forward.

Mercedes had some really great friends like Zach the guy that always stood by her side no matter what, Faye the new girl that knew how Mercedes felt although she didn't know her long and became a fast reliable friend, and Angela her best friend that although she was a little prudish, she still overcame things that made her stronger and a better best friend.

In our lives as teens it is so hard to make the right decisions and move forward like an adult. At times we were hurtful, bullying, insensitive, and just so brash but what we made of ourselves is what matters in the end. Go back right wrongs, and learn to be a better person. That is the true lessen I got from this book and growing up myself.

Never judge a book by it's cover and only it's synopsis ;)
Thank you so much Laurie for writing such a lesson learning book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment