Thursday, November 10, 2016



➹⁀☆҉ ☆҉‿➹⁀AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER ➹⁀☆҉☆҉‿➹⁀➹⁀☆҉
Coming Veterans Day
Fallen Soldier, Risen Pride 
By Layla Stevens & Rhonda Reuther





Taking a deep breath, he reached in his back pocket and said, "This came for you today. It was certified. I signed for you and I've held it all day but you need to read it."
"What is it dad?" 
"It's from the Department of Defense, honey. I didn't tell your mother. She's so excited that you are finally home. I hope it's your final discharge papers but I have a gut feeling that it's not." He said as he handed me the envelope.
Taking the envelope, I'm not sure if I wanted to open it or just chuck it in the trash. However, my military instincts kicked in and I opened it. Unfolding the letter, I immediately sat down next to my dad and hung my head. He takes it out of my hands and reads it himself. 
"Can they do that?" he asks with a strain in his voice.
"I guess they can dad. I'm not sure. I know of a few fellow soldiers who have had this same letter. I just hoped I would never get one."




No comments:

Post a Comment