Thursday, January 29, 2015

*~* REVIEW of Desolate by Ker Dukey *~*



Book: Desolate
Author: Ker Dukey
Series: Empathy 
Genre: Dark/Suspense/New Adult
Buy Links: 
Also posted on:  Goodreads

*~* Synopsis *~*

I was a son,
A friend,
A brother,
A psychopath.

Eighteen years of being in a psyche ward; I was released into the world. Things have changed, Blake is married to Melody and is a father to my new fixation, Cereus. My beautiful niece who knows nothing of my existence. When consequences of past sins begin playing tricks on me, old cravings demand to be satisfied. 

There is no cure for my kind of sickness.

I am void of everything but obsession. 
I can’t love,
I can’t feel,
I am Desolate. 



*~* My Review *~*

Ker Dukey will ring out your heart and mind before she can repair it with her crazy boys.. She has stolen my heart, mind, body and soul. You will read series and you always wonder if the second book will be as good as the first.. Well have no fear readers this book will not disappoint you at all. On to the review...

Melody is a good character but not the main focus in this book like the last. Don't get me wrong she plays a loyal and loving wife as well as a loving and caring mother. That being said she is still broken and battered mentally over what happen in the first book. She will stand and fight for all that she loves but also with her life yet again...

Blake is Melodys hubby and Ryans big brother. He is such an awesome character because he is loyal to both of them. Although Ryan has hurt them both in so many ways he still loves his little brother and will do anything to keep those two worlds seperate. 

Melody and Blake now have a daughter Cereus, that is your typical teenager. She has an attitude and thinks outside the box quite a bit which keeps her seperate from most other kids her age. Cereus is a strong girl and although she thinks she is soulless she shows her true colors. 

Ryan oh fucked up, crazy, yet smart Ryan.... This guy OMG!! Ok so I am going to try and not spoil this book and the first with my review of him. Here goes.

Ryan is such an intelligent man and can make anyone believe him no matter what. He is a master manipulator as well as a charming fellow to anyone he chooses. But when he is mean and demented? He is sick and demented!!! You will hate him and he will love every minute of it but then he will tug at your heart a bit at times. Those times may be far and few between but an amazingly sick character he is. 

Ker is such an amazing writer and I can not believe how awesome this book is. I am in love with Kers dark writing although I hadn't read many before she got me hook line and sinker. I am granting 5 blood stained stars :)


No comments:

Post a Comment