Thursday, January 8, 2015

*~* REVIEW of Chasing Reese by Imy Santiago *~*


Title: Chasing Reese
Author: Imy Santiago
Series: Safelight #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reviewer: Natalie :)
Buy Links: Amazon
Also posted on: Goodreads Amazon


*~* Synopsis *~*

Loss brings love…

Everything in life is not permanent but it was perfect. Catalina Pardo had a career in journalism most people could only dream of, a hot, sexy fiancĂ© to call her own and a brilliant future ahead of her. When tragedy struck, the life she once knew fell apart. Four years later, traumatized by the events that ultimately changed her existence, Catalina sets herself on a punishing work schedule, preventing herself from facing the demons of her grief-stricken past. Emotionally shut down, she’s alive but not living because everyone she ever loved leaves her.

Fate intervenes in Catalina’s life in the form of a last minute assignment to a snowy mountain lodge in Whistler, B.C. Sent there to cover the life of the infamous Jackson Reese; an Olympic Snowboarding Champion, she is faced with many challenges bringing to surface the raw emotions of her past. Compelled to work alongside Stryder Martynus, an award winning photographer brought in to document the Reese press tour, tensions and denial run high forcing Catalina to accept the past and face the present with zero regrets.

*Adult Contemporary Romance - Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not suitable for readers under the age of 18.*




*~* My Review *~*

OMG for all that is holy... Wow.. Ok, Imy is the second author that has truly mad me fall in love with love. The first being Danielle Allen, author of the Back to Life series. Imy you have shredded my heart and left it bleeding on the ground.. Wow.. Ok on to my review...

Catalina "Cat" Pardo which I call "Padro" because that's what I thought was her last name from the beginning. LOL Anyway, Cat was such an awesome character and I absolutely loved her. I pictured her as Garcia from Criminal Minds. Curvy, sassy, vivacious in so many ways and just truly her own woman. This woman is amazing in her strengths, her weaknesses, and her heart. Cat has been hurt to all ends in her life from the losses of so many types of love. In life we only truly think there is one love that can destroy us. The love of a spouse but as life goes on you learn there are so many types of love that can destroy you. Well Cat learns this hard lesson more than she should have throughout her life. Although she has been hurt so much she is still independent, successful and finds her hidden adventurous side. There is no end to the amazingness of "Padro". :)

Stryder Martynus "Marty" as I nicknamed him.. lol This man OMG.. I can not tell you enough about how awesome this character is. From the beginning he's nothing less than a gentleman. Although he would like to throw caution to the wind, he stays on his very best behavior through most of the first half of the book. Stryder is a professional dancer that makes a living as the personal  photographer of his best friend and snowboarding champ Jackson Reese. Stryder has women daily but will not settle down after his love and dance partner broke his heart. But once he sees this curvy latina on the plane he doesn't know what he's in store for.

Imy has truly taken me to all loving lengths in this book. I was left with tears in my eyes and a warm heart. I being a latina also truly fell in love with "Padro" lol Wow I am still reeling from this story. I don't know if I can bring myself to read the preview for the next book....... Oh Imy how I love thee. Five ruby red stars have been granted :)

1 comment:

  1. I am humbled and honored with this feature and lovely review. Thank you so much for your support. It means so much to me. <3

    ReplyDelete